We welcome applications for membership from anyone who is happy to support the aims and objectives of the ARCC, and we hope you find the following information useful.
Applications for Membership
Applications are welcome from anyone aged 18 or over who has an interest in outdoor activities. All applicants should be aware of the following:
- Applications for membership are made by clicking on the link below to join online:
- The usual procedure is for an applicant to be proposed by two existing members. Those who would like to join the club but do not know two current members will be invited to attend some Club meets (link to events page) as a guest of the hut warden or another committee member where they will get the opportunity to meet other members. Please Contact Us for further details.
- If the application is approved by the Membership Secretary the applicant will become an Probationary Associate of the Club for a twelve month period. During this period an Probationary Associate will have all the privileges of a Full Member, except he/she will not be allowed to vote at the AGM and he/she will not be allowed to nominate new members.
- It is expected that new members will make use of the Club facilities and participate in some of the Club’s events including taking part in at least one hut maintenance meet and/or helping with at least one of the Club fell races. On completion of the twelve month period all Probationary Associates will be asked for written evidence that they have achieved this. At the discretion of the Management Committee they will then either be offered full membership of the Club or their Probationary Associate period will be extended by twelve months.
- A Probationary Associate is welcome to take up to four guests to the club huts on any occasion, including their children and grandchildren. Please refer to the hut information sheets or contact the hut warden for further details. Requests to take more than four guests will be considered by the hut warden or a nominated member of the management committee.
For a more detailed insight into the rules and principles of the Achille Ratti Climbing Club, have a look at our constitution: