Held in May, The Old County Tops Fell Race covers 37 miles and involves around 10,000 feet of ascent.
The exact distance and amount of ascent are dependant on the route you choose!
The race was first held in 1988, following a test year involving a few Achille Ratti members in 1987.
- This year’s race will be held on Saturday 18th May 2019.
- Entry form – click here.
- Entry fee £40 per pair. Send completed forms to Chris Lloyd, 28 Spencers Lane, Orrell, Wigan, WN5 8RA.
- Rules and Regulations – click here – this must be read by all competitors.
- Old County Tops 2019 Entry List
- Final information – posted 9th May 2019
|Men||Rob Jebb||Ricky Lightfoot||6:21:00||2018|
|Ladies||Jean Brown||Nicky Spinks||8:17:15||2017|
|Mixed||Caitlin Rice||Tim Budd||7.43.12||2015|
|MV80||T Gibbs||S Birkenshaw||7:03:30||2012|
|MV90||S Pyke||J Morgan||7:10:45||2014|
|MV100||Matt Beresford||Stuart Shuttleworth||7:38:30||2015|
|MV110||Allan Miller||Leigh Warburton||8:53:09||2013|
|MV120||Yiannis Tridimas||Ray Baines||9:02:00||2008|
|MV130||Fred Duenbier||Jim Maxfield||11:43:07||2018|
|LV80||Jean Brown||Kirsty Hewitson||8:38:43||2016|
|LV90||Jean Brown||Nicky Spinks||8:17:15||2017|
|LV100||Linda Murgatroyd||Jackie Scarf||10:10:42||2016|
|Mixed V80||Digby Harris||Judith Jepson||7:54:50||2012|
|Mixed V90||Jean Brown||Martin Terry||8:48:36||2013|
|Mixed V100||Stephen Pyke||Judith Jepson||8:08:23||2016|
|Mixed V110||Yiannis Tridimas||Helene Whitaker||8.58.22||2011|