The Grisedale Horseshoe Fell Race was established during the 1980’s.
Following the death of Derek Price, a past ARCC club Chairman and member of many years standing, the race was renamed The Derek Price Memorial Grisedale Horseshoe
The route is a traditional Fell Race. Participants must decide their own optimum route between the checkpoints.
- Next race: 7th September 2019
- Start time: 11:00am
- START. Glenridding village hall.
- CP1: Catstye Cam summit (manned).
- CP2: Helvellyn (unmanned).
- CP3: Grisedale Tarn, eastern end (manned).
- CP4: St Sunday Crag summit (manned).
- CP5: Barn, Grid Ref 370149 (manned). If the Beck is in spate use the Bridge at Grid Ref 362143.
- CP6: Wall Stile, Grid Ref 373160.
- FINISH. Glenridding Village Hall.
Note that there is a 1.30pm cut off at Grisedale Tarn.
A misconception often quoted is that we go to Hole in the Wall after St Sunday Crag. This is incorrect. The Hole in the Wall is approx 500 feet (150 metres) higher & 3/4 of a mile (1.2km) in the wrong direction to the finish from where the race route crosses the wall.